Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Craft Follow Up

Last post I had these two pictures:


Time for an update: Here's the only picture I could find of the original collage frame. (I had one that said 'Memories' and another that said 'Family'.

They didn't work anymore in our new living room arrangement but I didn't want to just throw them out. So I stripped them completely apart and reused the frame and wooden letters for this project. I spray-painted the frames white, cut some vinyl garden fence to size (instead of chickenwire), colored it with a black Sharpie on the front (it was green) and then superglued clips to each letter so I could attach them and rearrange them as I please and use them to hold up things I want to display. 

Right now I am using them to hold things I want to remember to pray for...or just need to remember, like birthday parties! I have a card from a sweet friend that lost a baby so I remember to pray for them every time I see it. I also have a birth announcement and a card from another friend...

On to the felt circles...This was my first attempt to make a pillow using felt. Here was the inspiration...
And here is my pillow using my colors:



I made smaller circles than the design pillow, but I love the multi-colored look. And it looks great on my couch! I plan on making a few more with different designs. My mother-in-law loved it too and asked if it would be possible to cut out different shapes, like leaves. I thought why not??! And...her birthday just happened to be a couple days away so I quickly began making a pillow for her, trying a leaf design...


She loved it!  :) Now to try some new colors...
More projects and recipes coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment